FAS’s innovative solution brings verification into the digital age. PAVE, the paperless, web-based verification service that FAS piloted in 2013 is now available to institutions throughout the country. The service offers a fast and efficient way to deliver financial aid, freeing professional staff to spend more time counseling students and their families.
- Completes verification in 5-7 days (less than 1/3 of the national average)
- Up to 50 percent more aid available by start of a term
- Gathers information in one session instead of weeks of back and forth document requests
- Gives staff more time to work with students needing help with complex issues
- Cuts out excessive phone and visitor traffic
- Satisfies students with significant process improvements and quick availability of funds
- Offers a consistent fully compliant service
- Standardizes verification, gaining efficiencies and greater compliance controls
- Guides students through a user-friendly process, similar to industry-leading tax filing software
- Features strong measures to protect the confidentiality and privacy of student and family information
- College tracks activity with online dashboard
- E-sign availability shortens verification time
The service increases the amount of financial aid that is ready at the beginning of a term. It creates a more efficient aid office where the staff is free to counsel and advise students walking in the front office rather than process paper coming into the back office.