Financial Aid Services (FAS) has designed a service to assist colleges and universities with developing Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policies and monitoring students’ progress. We work with campus leaders to ensure institutional policies comply with federal regulations and foster student success. We track qualitative and quantitative measures of progress by designated enrollment periods. Conducted remotely from our Processing Center, FAS’ experienced staff reviews students’ academic performance. We use institutional policies to identify those students who should be placed on financial aid warning, probation or an academic plan.
- Offer guidance on setting institutional policies
- Development of a “reasonableness test”
- Review previous years’ SAP policies and impacted students
- Resolve errors from previous periods
- Provide advice on appeal polices
- Monitor progress by enrollment periods
- Review and respond to students’ appeals
- Adjust award packages, as necessary
- Update automated system with SAP statuses
- Provide frequent reports to the institution
- Send notifications and explanation of options to students
Partnering with FAS to manage SAP gives clients the peace of mind that comes with knowing institutional policies are compliant with federal regulations and student progress is monitored accurately and reported in a timely manner.