Director Level – Interim Staffing
In our Interim Staffing division, you will empower colleges and universities to strengthen their financial health, optimize enrollment and enhance the student experience. You will assist colleges and universities with financial aid administration, oversee the financial aid office and staff, keep operations on track, make sure regulatory and other priority deadlines are met, and handle escalated (more complex) financial aid issues. For many engagements, you will function as a “working” director.
- Maintaining high service orientation and good customer service.
- Training financial aid staff.
- Packaging/awarding and making award adjustments.
- Keeping financial aid operations running smoothly and making sure they are in line with the client’s enrollment strategies and institutional goals.
- Working with the business office to ensure federal program accounts are reconciled monthly and that yearend closeout occurs on time.
- Reviewing special circumstances requests and appeals.
- Ensuring Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) monitoring and the Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) are performed in a timely manner.
- Responding for requests for financial aid data.
- Completing and submitting the Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP) or making necessary FISAP edits.
- Conducting and exit interview at/near the end of the engagement.
- Gathering information to assess the project’s success with measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of financial aid experience at the director level
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Title IV programs
- Understanding of all facets of managing a financial aid office
- Ability to manage a small or large financial aid staff
- Ability to work in diverse and complex environments with campus staff at all levels
- Organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as members of administrative teams
- Proficiency in one or more of the widely used student information systems – Ellucian Banner, Ellucian Colleague, PeopleSoft, PowerFAIDS, and/or Anthology (Campus Nexus) is highly desirable
About your role
Your work as a financial aid director is defined by the client’s needs. You will need to exercise leadership and foresight to make sure the financial aid office’s goals are met. While serving as an interim director, you must frequently handle competing priorities. We will have internal metrics to measure your success and make sure your client is satisfied. The position allows you to stretch your professional boundaries and gain exposure to how financial aid is administered in different institutional settings. You will also strengthen your skills and expertise as you participate in FAS’ professional development programs.
Our mission is to empower colleges and universities to strengthen their financial operations, optimize enrollment, and enhance the student experience. Achieving our mission starts with our culture and values. Integrity. Relationships Matter. Diversity and Belonging. Innovation. Excellence. These values define who we are today and who we aspire to be. They are the core operating principles for our company and guide how we make decisions and work together to achieve our mission.
Financial Aid Services (FAS) has served higher education for over 30 years. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, FAS provides consulting and training, interim staffing, and outsourced processing services to assist institutions with improving operational efficiency, student satisfaction, and regulatory compliance in financial aid and student business services. FAS’ accomplished team averages 28 years of experience and has a combined 1,600 years of higher education experience. With clients in 49 states, FAS has successfully served over 1,800 institutions nationwide. The Company’s extensive experience combined with industry leading expertise and focus on superior client outcomes, enables FAS to deliver lasting results to its clients and the students they serve.