Associate/Assistant Director Level – Interim Staffing
In our Interim Staffing division, you will empower colleges and universities to strengthen their financial
health, optimize enrollment and enhance the student experience. You will assist colleges and
universities with financial aid administration, overseeing various areas of the financial aid office, keeping
operations on track, making sure regulatory and other priority deadlines are met, handling escalated
(more complex) financial aid issues and supervising staff.
- Maintaining high service orientation and good customer service.
- Packaging/awarding and making award adjustments.
- Working with the business office to ensure federal program accounts are reconciled monthly and that year-end closeout occurs on time.
- Reviewing special circumstances requests and appeals.
- Ensuring Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) monitoring and the Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) are performed in a timely manner.
- Responding for requests for financial aid data.
- Conducting an exit interview at/near the end of the engagement.
- Gathering information to assess the project’s success with measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of financial aid experience at the associate/assistant director level
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Title IV programs
- Ability to manage small size staff
- Ability to work in diverse and complex environments with campus staff at all levels
- Organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as members of administrative teams
- Proficiency in the use of Ellucian Banner, Ellucian Colleague, PeopleSoft, PowerFAIDS, and/or Anthology (Campus Nexus) is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and communication skills
About your role
Your work as an associate/assistant director is structured and directed by the client you’re assisting. We
will have internal metrics to measure your success and make sure your client is satisfied. Your expertise
in financial aid administration, special programs and technology will be utilized to drive success for the
client and help them achieve their goals. This position allows you to build on your strong financial aid
experience and advance your career in the profession. You will also have the opportunity to further
develop your leadership and management skills.
At FAS, our culture is centered on a sense of belonging. We strive to earn our clients’ trust and
confidence by providing quality service and truly caring about their results. Our values define how we
conduct our business and treat everyone. We are dedicated to developing meaningful client
relationships and going the extra mile to exceed their expectations.