By: Dawn Patak, Ed.D., FAS Senior Consultant
The deadline for corrections to the FISAP is fast approaching. Changes, corrections, or edits to the Fiscal Operations Report for 2022–23 and the Application to Participate for 2024–25 (FISAP) must be submitted to the Department of Education no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time (ET) on Friday, Dec. 15, 2023.
Important Points to Remember:
- Click “Submit”: Saving data is not the same as submitting the FISAP. Ensure all data is entered accurately and submitted by the deadline. Corrections can be made until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 15, 2023. Save and submit corrections as needed.
- Timely updates of FAA contact information are important in order for the correct individuals to receive notifications. Changes can be made while submitting the FISAP or via the COD website.
- Verify reported expenditures for the 2022–23 award year to prevent negative balances. Consistency with G5 drawdown information is crucial.
- Schools are not required to resend signature pages when changes/corrections are made to a previously submitted FISAP.
- Corrections for validation edit errors must be submitted by the December 15, 2023, deadline.
- Changes after December 15, 2023, must go through the “Change Request” process.
Failure to submit corrections may result in funding reductions. For more information and to get more timely updates: https://fsapartners.ed.gov/knowledge-center/library/fisap-form-and-instructions/2023-06-09/final-2024-25-fisap-form-instructions-and-desk-reference.