Financial Aid Consultants – Consulting and Training
Full-time, Part-time, Contractual/Project-based
In our Consulting and Training division, you will empower colleges and universities to strengthen their financial health, optimize enrollment and enhance the student experience. You will use your subject matter expertise in financial aid and higher education to help clients achieve their goals. Generally, consulting and training engagements have a life cycle of less than three months; some can run a little longer based on a client’s unique needs. Consultants in this division work directly with clients and may be tapped to present at industry gatherings and conferences.
- Providing consulting and guidance to clients on an array of topics and issues surrounding financial aid.
- Assessing financial aid offices’ efficiency and effectiveness.
- Guiding clients through complex regulatory issues, including annual and state audits, federal program reviews, recertification, and the Heighten Cash Monitoring (HCM) disbursement method.
- Assisting clients with developing and deploying policies and procedures.
- Crafting and conducting training virtually, on location at client’s campus, and/or at industry meetings.
- Working with clients to develop learning goals for customized training engagements.
- Gathering information to assess the project’s success with measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience working in financial aid at a public or (not-for-profit) private institution.
- Deep understanding of financial aid administration, Title IV programs, regulatory compliance, and the key role financial aid plays in different types of institutions.
- Functional knowledge of automated student administration (or financial aid) systems.
- Exposure to other types of education technologies that play a role in the financial aid delivery or the student life cycle.
- Ability to evaluate clients’ needs, then develop actionable recommendations and solutions.
- Knack for assessing financial aid operations and making recommendations for process improvement and advancing service quality.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering training in multiple instruction settings (e.g., large- group presentations, seminar format, small-group sessions, one-on-one and self-paced).
- Excellent communication, presentation delivery and technical writing skills.
About your role
You will often own a client engagement from start to finish but you have the full support of your FAS colleagues to help you succeed. At times, you will be part of a consulting team which means you’ll play a specific role on a project. The client and your FAS colleagues will rely on you to bring your full self to the table. This means sharing your ideas, opinions, and honest feedback in a positive way.
At FAS, our culture is centered on a sense of belonging. We strive to earn our clients’ trust and confidence by providing quality service and truly caring about their results. Our values define how we conduct our business and treat everyone. We are dedicated to developing meaningful client relationships and going the extra mile to exceed their expectations.