Financial Aid Counselor Level – Interim Staffing
Full-time, Part-time, Contractual/Project-based
In our Interim Staffing division, you will empower colleges and universities to strengthen their financial
health, optimize enrollment and enhance the student experience. You will assist colleges and
universities with financial aid administration, student advising and counseling and other essential
functions in the financial aid office.
- Performing federal verification.
- Reconciling of fund accounts.
- Packaging and award financial aid.
- Working reports.
- Following up with students and families to complete their financial aid file.
- Completing other tasks assigned by the Director of Financial Aid or College official.
- Providing a weekly status report to the designated college official and the VP of Consulting Services.
- Conducting an exit interview at/near the end of the engagement.
- Gathering information to assess the project’s success with measurable outcomes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Title IV programs
- Ability to work in diverse and complex environments with staff at all levels
- Organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Proficiency in the use of Ellucian Banner, Ellucian Colleague, PeopleSoft, PowerFAIDS, and/or Anthology (Campus Nexus) is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and communication skills
About your role
Your work as a financial aid counselor is structured and directed by the client you’re assisting. We will
have internal metrics to measure your success and make sure your client is satisfied. At times, you will
be doing work that is important but repetitive. Other times, you may be juggling several priorities. This
position gives you the opportunity to grow professionally. You will learn a great deal about financial aid
as a profession and the higher education industry.
At FAS, our culture is centered on a sense of belonging. We strive to earn our clients’ trust and
confidence by providing quality service and truly caring about their results. Our values define how we
conduct our business and treat everyone. We are dedicated to developing meaningful client
relationships and going the extra mile to exceed their expectations.
If you believe you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the criteria outlined, please apply.
You could be exactly who we are looking for!