Financial Aid Analyst – Processing Services
About the job
Processing financial aid is one of the most complicated tasks in the financial office. Errors can pile up with multiplying risk. Delayed processing means students do not receive their financial aid offers on time, large outstanding balances accumulate and cascade financial challenges throughout the institution. The negative impact on the institution is tremendous. But there is a better way, and you can be a part of it.
Financial Aid Services is hiring an analyst! The mission of Financial Aide Services is to empower colleges and universities to strengthen financial operations, optimize enrollment and enhance the student experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to work from home and create their own schedule. FAS is an established organization with 32 years of excellence in serving higher education. If you want to make a positive impact on higher education this is the opportunity for you.
If you believe that you possess the background and experience necessary, are hungry for a chance to make a larger impact, and believe in the mission of FAS, read the description below to start your journey toward being a part of something excellent.
The Financial Aid Analyst provides professional student service regarding federal and state financial aid programs. This position assists in the preparation of financial aid documentation, mandatory reporting, and program assessment. Based on various annual deadlines, this position is responsible for document review and verification, needs analysis, awarding of financial aid, and monitoring of awards all while maintaining program compliance. The Financial Aid Analyst will develop, maintain, and apply specific Financial Aid knowledge and expertise.
- Reviews financial aid applications and analyzes financial situations and needs; determines appropriate packaging of aid based on standardized procedures; sends for documentation and additional information as needed. Keeps abreast of all State and Federal rules, regulations, and guidelines governing various types of financial aid.
- Adjusts for over-awards by determining amount of aid to be reconciled, ensuring accuracy of figures, and notifying appropriate University offices of adjustments.
- Consults with necessary staff regarding difficult or unusual cases.
- Assists in one or more of the major areas of financial aid, e.g., processing Federal Direct Loans, adjusting aid packages, validating reports for the Pell Grant Program, etc.
- Provide a full service solution from processing of the initial application through to the last dollar disbursed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detail and follow established procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with major University Student Information Systems required.