Shandolyn has over six years of student financial aid experience. She started at FAS in 2023. Shandolyn brings financial aid experience serving two institutions in North Carolina and Maryland. As a consultant, she supports and provides financial aid offices with interim staffing.
As a Tuition Coordinator at University of Maryland Global Campus, Shandolyn, provided the following services.
- comprehensive student counseling to students on financial aid, military, and Veteran’s Educational Benefits.
- collaborated with the Success Coaches to improve student retention rates by 15%
- demonstrated excellent customer service to students
- assisted student accounts with reconciliation
- Provided counseling regarding other financing options to students that did not qualify for federal aid
Shandolyn’s career started as financial aid Counselor at North Carolina A&T State University. She provided:
- advice and counselled students about financial aid opportunities
- exercised professional judgement to determine if adjustments needed to be made
- conducted open house, orientation and entrance counseling
- completed verification and special circumstances
- reviewed NSLDS to ensure students did not have over awards and/or were not in default
- reviewed Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) statuses and appeals.
Shandolyn is ready to take on new challenges under the financial aid umbrella.